CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or Ceramic Restoration. CEREC technology can devise, build and install a ceramic restoration in a single visit. The area of interest is photographed using an intraoral camera for generating digital images. CAD software is used to create customized restoration to mimic your natural teeth.
After the digital model is complete, a milling machine carves the actual restoration out of a ceramic block. The restoration is then attached to the tooth and checked for position and proper bite function. The entire process takes only 6-15 minutes. Dr. Toschi gives a final touch to the teeth by polishing and glazing the prosthesis.
Benefits of CEREC:
- One-day procedure that requires no second appointment or follow up.
- Ceramic is more biocompatible and aesthetic.
- Cost effective and time saving treatment.
- No bothersome temporary prosthesis.
- Long term stability and durability.
- Little or no need of local anesthesia.
- Minimally invasive and saves the healthy tooth structure.
- Digital impressions are more comfortable than the traditional impressions.
Ceramic inlays and onlays are used for aesthetic restoration of the teeth. They are used to replace metal fillings because they are more biocompatible and aesthetically pleasing.
Gum irritation, aesthetic impairment, taste disorder, and sensation are some issues associated with traditional metal crowns. Ceramic crowns give you a natural look that rebuilds self-esteem.
Veneers are wafer thin and are cemented directly onto the visible portion of natural teeth. Veneers mimic the light reflecting property of the natural teeth and no difference can be seen between veneers and the adjacent teeth.
If you have a busy lifestyle, CEREC is the right choice for you. Schedule an appointment right now to reap all the benefits of ceramic restoration now! 408-978-7991